Friday, March 2, 2012

Questions and hiccups!

This past week Lucy has started to either get the hiccups or do kickboxing. It is so amazing to feel her moving around in there! I will be 24 weeks along tomorrow, which is generally accepted as the youngest a baby can usually be born and survive. Of course, Lucy is the size of a 21 weeker still, so I'm going to feel much better at about 27 weeks. I've finally started to think of some questions for the doctors and I've been working furiously at school to get lesson plans, flipcharts, and copies made just in case I do leave before the end of the school year. My plan is to be ready by 30 weeks so if she comes a little earlier than that, I'll be almost ready, and if she comes at 35-36 weeks like they predict (please stay in and grow, baby girl!) then I will have 5-6 less stressful weeks before she gets here to focus on spending time with Isaac and mentally and emotionally preparing for whatever happens.

Have you ever been in a ticker tape parade? Or had a stack of papers get away from you on a windy day? That's a little like what I'm feeling. I feel like I'm trying to pick up and organize all these details, responsibilities, and ideas that were blown out of order with a simple sonogram. I feel that I've just now re-gathered everything and now I must put it back in order and re-prioritize as quickly as possible. This is probably not the best metaphor, but I couldn't think of a better way to put it. Maybe it all reminds me a little bit of ants. Have you ever kicked over an anthill? The ants all go crazy at first, but if you come back a few hours later or sometimes a few days later, they ants have generally begun to rebuild the hill. I think they have the right attitude. Despite something that could only be classified as a major catastrophe for a community of ants, they don't ever seem to just give up and go on antidepressants or sit around and complain about their circumstances. I pray that I will have that same stamina and focus through all of this, and bring God glory for the strength that only He can provide.

So now that things are settling, I have some questions for you families who have gone through the CDH surgery:
1. When did you give birth and how much did your baby weigh?
2. How many days were you in the NICU?
3. How many days past birth was the operation?
4. How many days was your little one on ECMO (if he/she was)?
5. What was your LHR?
6. If you are out of the hospital, how long did you have to be super careful about germs and visitors?
7. Were you able to feed your baby breastmilk?
8. Did you go into labor on your own, have pre-eclampsia, or were you recommended to induce/have a c-section for medical reasons?
9. What are things you wish you would have taken with you to the hospital and/or couldn't live without?

Ok, I think that's it for now. Thank you! Also, feel free to just email me at rebecca.lerzundi@gmail.com.

So now, we wait for the 9th and the MRI and the heart doctor. Please pray that we will get good news and pray that I can be as prepared as possible! Also, please pray that the placenta doesn't stop working anytime soon and that Lucy would grow as much as possible before she comes. She still weighs a little less than a pound.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment