Thursday, March 22, 2012

Delivering on Monday

The sonogram today showed that the resistance in the umbilical cord was worse, despite a round of steroids yesterday. The doctor wanted to admit me today for monitoring, but I asked to wait until Monday to put things in order at work and home.

So, the plan is I will be delivering on Monday afternoon at Medical City via c-section. He said I could labor if I wanted, but the added stress on the placenta could likely cause stillbirth, so we're opting for a c-section to possibly be able to spend at least a few minutes with her before she goes home to be with God. We have decided not to intervene since she will only be about a 1 pound and no where near big enough to be eligible for surgery. My husband and I feel like the kindest thing we can do is let her go as peacefully as possible without a bunch of tubes and wires that really won't be able to help anyway. We would appreciate no visitors for our first day so we can spend time saying goodbye and mourning as a family. We are planning on cremating her and not having any sort of memorial or funeral service since she will not be spending much time on earth.

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, advice, cards, everything that you have done for us. We have definitely felt the love of God through all of your kindness.

We will be taking pictures and will have a photographer on hand to help us make some memories that we will share later with everyone. Thank you for understanding.


  1. Praying for you now!! God's peace, love and complete comfort in this difficult time- The Holtrops!!!

  2. Praying and hoping for comfort and peace for your family during this very rough time.

  3. So many prayers for you and your sweet family.

  4. Lifting you and your family up in prayer during this difficult time