Thursday, March 15, 2012

Things are coming together!

We had a growth scan today and Lucy now weighs a WHOPPING 1 lb! I was praying for her to weigh at least a pound, so my prayer was answered. She is 10 inches long. She is measuring overall about 4 weeks behind now, so a little more behind than before, but she is still growing. Also, her kidneys are definitely still functioning because I have a normal amount of amniotic fluid.

The perinatologist, Dr. Trimmer, was very helpful today, along with his nurse, Melanie, in helping me get a game plan in place. We have decided to deliver at Medical City. Everything is in the same building there and he told me that basically the team of surgeons we would be working with would be the same whether we went to Medical City or Children's, so, as much as I would love ;) delivering at Parkland, I'm glad to be going somewhere that is easy to get to and has better parking, and great doctors, from what I hear. I am working on coordinating things, but so far I believe I will be going to see the geneticist, the new fetal cardiologist, and possibly the OB all on the same day in the same hospital!

That's about all I have for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment