Saturday, February 25, 2012

Growth Scan

Yesterday was such a good day. I got to sleep in with my hubby and son Isaac, eat breakfast with my Isaac whose appetite finally came back after two weeks of not feeling so well, go and see Lucy via sonogram, and take my son to his 15 month checkup.

As soon as the doctor started the sonogram she said, "Wow, she's grown!", which of course is music to my ears. She now weighs a whopping 319 grams (an average baby at her gestational age should weigh about 500 grams) and her hernia is the same as before (only stomach up and heart is still not "squished"). We could see her bladder, which they couldn't find at the last sonogram, thinking that probably her kidneys weren't working. Also, I still have a normal amount of amniotic fluid, which to me means her kidneys must still be functioning. My doctor did mention that due to Lucy's two major defects and a chromosomal abnormality, it may be difficult to find a willing surgeon in the area. She said we may be looking at delivering in Houston, where we would have more luck finding someone willing to take a risk on a baby with a genetic disorder. My MRI got rescheduled for the 9th, which is also when I go back to see the pediatric cardiologist. She told me last time there was a 10% chance she was wrong about the tetralogy of fallot, so I'm praying they will be amazed and not see anything abnormal at this sonogram or that it won't be as severe as they thought.

Isaac's appointment went well, also. He has gained a pound and grown almost two inches since December. The doctor didn't sound concerned about him not walking on his own yet, since she had him walk just holding on to a finger and he seems pretty steady. She said he probably isn't walking yet since he waiting until after year and is able to realize the danger involved. Ironically, last night he walked almost across the room several times, much more than he's tried ever! It's like he was waiting for the doctor to tell him he should be walking. My silly boy!

So, here are some things to pray for, if you will:

1. Lucy's condition to stay stable.
2. For her growth to continue.
3. For me to be able to carry the pregnancy as close to term as possible to give her a chance to grow (with this Trisomy, I will most likely deliver at 35-36 weeks).
4. For the doctor's to not see anything (or at least for it not to be as severe as they thought) at the cardio sonogram on the 9th).
5. That they would see plenty of lung tissue at the MRI on the 9th.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

Here's a verse for today:
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 comments:

  1. Becky, Your heart and spirit inspire me! I can only imagine how difficult this must be, but it looks like little Lucy (LOVE the name!) is holding her own.

    Prayers are with you and Emilio, sweetie!

    Love you, Chris & Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers for you, fellow CDH mommy! I LOVE the verse you picked for this entry... I suffer so often thinking that somehow MY timing is a better idea that what God has in mind (ha! How often do I have to be proven wrong before I stop this?). Your faith and attitude are amazing- we will be following along and praying for y'all every day!

    ReplyDelete